image from All Posters
These are great entrepreneurial quotes I found over the years. When I find a quote that I like I open one of my word documents and add it. These are ten of the ones that I really liked. I added a few comments to some of the quotes. Let me know what you think, I’d love to get some comments:
10- “The entrepreneur in us sees opportunities everywhere we look, but many people see only problems everywhere they look. The entrepreneur in us is more concerned with discriminating between opportunities than he or she is with failing to see the opportunities.” – Michael Gerber
– One of my points in Do You Have The Right Mindset? It was about turning problems into opportunities. A true businessman understands this.
9- “A real entrepreneur is somebody who has no safety net underneath them.” – Henry Kravis
– You need to be ready to fail to be a businessman, not everything you do will work.
8- “My son is now an ‘entrepreneur’. That’s what you’re called when you don’t have a job.” – Ted Turner
7- “Failure defeats losers, failure inspires winners.” – Robert T. Kiyosaki
– Failure is not a negative thing, you learn from failures learn to accept them and grow from your mistakes.
6- “Entrepreneurship is living a few years of your life like most people won’t, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can’t.”
– I worked two years without a salary. Now I run a multi million dollar business…wouldn’t you agree that it was worth it?
5- “The world is more malleable than you think and it’s waiting for you to hammer it into shape.” – Bono
– This quote is more about the fact that we shape the world. We also shape our life, once you understand that you will be able to achieve your goals.
4- “The entrepreneur is not really interested in doing the work; he is interested in creating the way the company operates. In that regard, the entrepreneur is an inventor. He or she loves to invent, but does not love to manufacture or sell or distribute what he or she invents.” – Michael Gerber
3- “I’m not sure I knew what an entrepreneur was when I was ten, but I knew that starting little businesses and trying to sell greeting cards or newspapers door-to-door or just vending machine kind of thing is… there’s just something very intriguing to me about that.” – Steve Case
– When I was a kid, after each snowstorm I used to rush outside and knock on my neighbors door and charge $5 to $10 to clean up their driveways!
2- “A business has to be involving, it has to be fun, and it has to exercise your creative instincts.” – Richard Branson
– This one resembles the first quote, its true you need to be immersed in your business because you have to put in many hours before it pays off.
1- Ken Field, the real estate magnate, said, “You must fall in love with what you do, because being an entrepreneur is a lot of hard work, and overcoming a lot of adversity. From that love, will come the dedication that will get you out of bed at 4 a.m., because of a great idea you just had and get you to work till 11 p.m. and not feel tired,” he said.
Those are a few very inspirational quotes about being an entrepreneur. Does this sound like you?