In this article I’m talking about the REAL reason why you’re here in this life. Surely there’s more to life than work, bills, and maybe a few hobbies. Of course, you have friends and loved ones and they offer a lot to your sense of wellbeing and happiness. However, they aren’t your purpose.
If you want to discover your true purpose in life, you need to release everything you’ve been taught and told about purpose. Know in your heart that you do have purpose, no matter what you’ve been led to believe otherwise.
Now, how do you go about discovering your own unique purpose in life? There are many ways you can tap into your higher consciousness and find that information. Some are difficult and time consuming, but I’m all about fast and easy! Nothing in life has to be hard, unless you want it do be. So…here we go!
1. Set aside about half an hour and commit to keeping your mind open. KNOW that this is going to work. Absolutely, without a doubt, have the faith that you’ll discover your purpose. Yes, it’s okay to do the exercise even if you have some doubt. After all, seeing is believing!
2. Get a sheet of paper or get on your computer and open up your word processing program. I prefer finding a quiet corner in my house and using a pen and notebook.
3. At the top of your paper write or type, “This is my true purpose in life.” By stating it this way, you’re letting your conscious mind know that you already have the answers.
4. Now comes the fun part. Write or type the first thing that comes to your mind. It can be a single word, a sentence, or a complete phrase. It can be silly, sad, or just weird. No matter, keep writing!
5. Don’t stop, don’t think, just keep putting down answers, one per line, until you find one that makes you stop and fills you with emotion. This will be your purpose! You’ll know because you may feel a lump of happiness or emotions in your throat, your eyes may well up with tears, or a huge smile may spread over your face. And guess what? It doesn’t matter if your purpose is small or grand, or if it has nothing to do with where you’re currently at in life. Over time your purpose may even change! But for now, that one answer you put down on paper or computer, is where you want to focus your attention.
Be aware that you may have to write down 10, 50, or even 100 or 200 answers until you get one that really calls to you. And, it may even take more than one turn at trying this exercise, but it does work! Even if this sounds too simple to work, give it a try, you won’t be sorry.
If you get some answers along the way that make you feel a bit emotional, but not in a big way, circle or highlight those so you can go back to them later. These may be smaller life purposes you’d like to pursue. However, we’re focusing on what your true passion and purpose is, so nothing short of “Eureka! I’ve found it!” will do.
When you hit upon why you as an individual are truly here in this lifetime, it will resonate deep inside. There will be a warmth, a vibration, or special sort of energy or chemistry inside you when reading those words.
Discovering your true purpose is the easy part while living your purpose may not be. However, do all you can, take even tiny steps daily to pursue this purpose. You’ll be glad you did since life will take on new meaning, new clarity, and new fulfillment for you.