We all have a dream. This could be something we want to achieve or a place that we want to go. Many people may even have more than one dream. The difficult part is making that dream into a reality. Much of the time your dreams are not an urgent matter so we spend very little time working towards them, but there are ways to make it happen for you.
• Identify the realistic dreams. This may seem counterintuitive, but you have to pick out which dreams that you are actually willing to work toward. Decide which dreams that you are willing to put the time and effort into and focus on those.
• Turn your dreams into goals. Dreams are something that is fun to think about, but if you want them to happen for you, you have to have a plan.
• If the original goal is too big, break it down into smaller and more achievable goals. This may be monthly, weekly or daily goals. Even if you just do a little at a time it will eventually turn into something much bigger.
• Eliminate time wasters from your life. Sometimes the only thing standing between us and our dreams are time wasters like television. You should cut these non-essentials from your life. Limit yourself to an hour a day of television or better yet do not watch it at all. You will find that you do not miss it as much as you think.
• Tell other people about your plan. It is very easy to make excuses to you, but it is much harder to explain things away to your friends and family. Make your goals known and enlist those who care about you to keep you on track.