Many people spend way too much time caring for others and not enough time on themselves. You may think that because of your obligations there is no time for you to spend on you. There are ways that you can make some extra time for yourself and become a happier more well rounded person.
• Schedule your day and stick to it. You may have to adjust your schedule if it is not working for you, but do not give up. Also make sure that you are scheduling enough time in your day for sleep.
• Run any errands you have during off peak times. Avoid places such as the grocery store on the weekends and avoid the bank on Friday afternoons. Going to business when they are less busy gets you in and out much quicker.
• Use service companies whenever you can. Having someone clean your house is a great way to free up time for yourself. If you can have someone do your laundry, deliver your groceries and run your errands all the better.
• Buy an egg timer and a phone with caller id. When someone who is typically a time waster calls you and you cannot just let the phone ring set your timer and when it goes off tell them you have cookies to get out of the oven. We all have people who talk our ears off but we just cannot ignore; sorry mom.
• Whenever you can, take the bus. You may think that taking your car is faster, but when you take the bus you have time to just sit and unwind. This is a great opportunity to read or listen to music.
• Get over the notion of perfection. You can save a great deal of time when you do not have to make everything perfect. Think about it, is anyone really going to know that you did not make the bed this morning?
• Make time for yourself. Pick a day, part of a day or even just an hour each week that is yours and yours alone. This is your time to do what you want and do not compromise on this.