There is no magic bullet for finding large amounts of time to work on your goals. You will have to find the time in your busy schedule, even if it is just a little at a time. Here are a few tips on how to get there:
• Take it one goal at a time. Often we overwhelm ourselves with many goals. We want to lose weight, get a promotion and learn Spanish. Having this much on your mind can make starting seem impossible, so we never begin. Take your goals one at a time to make sure you have the energy and focus to see them through.
• Decide if a goal is something you really want. In order to make time for something you have to really want it. Figure out what your motivations are and keep reminding yourself of that when it gets tough.
• Make your goal your number one priority. There are many things that demand your time everyday. If you keep letting everything else eat up your time you will never reach your goals. If you make reaching your chosen goal your priority you are sure to reach it.
• Reduce the amount of things you are committed to. Make a short list of the things in your life that are really important to you. Anything that is not on that list should be examined to see if you can bow out of it.
• Keep things simple. If you have to do too many things to reach your goal it may seem overwhelming. Break it down into smaller sub-goals. Every time you reach one of these sub goals it will provide you the motivation you need to get to the next one.
• Schedule time to work on the goal and make that time your most important appointment. Schedule your goal time whenever is best for you. You should pick a time when you are energetic and will have very few distractions. Remember that keeping a promise to you is the most important promise to keep.